On Saturday, Oct. 26, the UFC hosted UFC Fight Night 30: Machida vs. Munoz from the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester, England.

In the night’s main event, former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida made his middleweight debut against NCAA wrestling champion Mark Munoz. Munoz was originally expected to face Michael Bisping, but an eye injury forced the British fighter out of the bout. Machida entered the contest on the heels of a controversial decision loss to Phil Davis at UFC 163. Rather than seek revenge against Davis, the Brazilian looked to ascend the 185-pound ladder. Meanwhile, Munoz stepped into the cage riding the momentum of a triumphant return from surgery in July, resulting in a dominant decision win over Tim Boetsch.

Also on the main card, former Ultimate Fighter winner Ross Pearson clashed with fellow lightweight Melvin Guillard, undefeated light heavyweight Jimi Manuwa took on Canadian Ryan Jimmo, TUF: Smashes winner Norman Parke squared off with Jon Tuck, middleweight Alessio Sakara battled Nicholas Musoke, and hard-hitting flyweight John Lineker faced Phil Harris.

The 12-fight event kicked off at 12:15 p.m. ET with six bouts streaming on the promotion’s YouTube and Facebook pages. Six additional bouts followed on Fox Sports 2 at 3 p.m. ET.

Machida knocks out Munoz

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida made a successful debut at middleweight, knocking out former training partner Mark Munoz in the first round with a massive head kick.

The opening round started much like every fight involving Machida, as the Brazilian looked to find his range. Munoz stayed at distance and ate a few kicks to the body in the process. Once Machida found his distance, he delivered a massive, left head kick through Munoz’s guard that put the American out cold. Machida raced in to finish, but referee Leon Roberts had seen enough.

Guillard-Pearson ends in no-contest

In an anti-climatic end to an explosive lightweight affair, Melvin Guillard and Ross Pearson was ruled a no-contest after Guillard delivered an illegal knee strike just two minutes into the fight.

The two lightweights wasted little time looking for big shots. Pearson was able to find his range early with kicks and used good head movement to avoid Guillard early. Guillard adjusted quickly and was able to land a pair of right hands and a knee that backed Pearson off. A flying knee from Pearson was caught by Guillard and he tossed the Brit to the ground. Guillard flurried along the cage with a pair of knees, but the referee deemed the second strike illegal. The knees opened a huge gash on Pearson’ forehead and the fight was stopped.

Manuwa tops Jimmo due to injury

British light heavyweight Jimi Manuwa stayed undefeated with a second-round TKO win over former MFC champion Ryan Jimmo.

Jimmo took the center of the cage to open the bout. The Canadian closed the distance and pressed Manuwa against the fence. When the referee separated the two, Manuwa connected with a big knee. The British fighter then pushed Jimmo against the cage and delivered short knees. The light heavyweights jostled for position in the clinch before another referee split. Both fighters opened up with their kicks in the final minute of the frame.

Manuwa connected with a big, lead hook to kick off the second round. Jimmo was forced to latch onto Manuwa and push the fight along the cage. Jimmo scored with a solid clinch knee, but his lack of action prompted the referee to intervene once more. After trading kicks in the middle of the Octagon, Manuwa clinched with Jimmo, but Jimmo reversed the position. Late in the round, Jimmo tried for a takedown, but Manuwa was able to keep the fight standing. Before the bell, Manuwa connected with a big knee and Jimmo retreated. During the retreat, Jimmo’s leg buckled underneath him and the referee was forced to waive off the bout.

Parke too much for Tuck

TUF Smashes winner Norman Parke showed off a deep gas tank and solid striking, handing fellow lightweight Jon Tuck his first professional defeat via unanimous decision.

Tuck came out aggressively, throwing kicks. Parke answered with a stiff left hand, but Tuck continued to come forward. The fighters stayed within range of one another and traded shots. Parke repeatedly landed his left hand, but he was forced to block numerous head kick attempts from Tuck. Parke scored with a big suplex at the very end of the opening frame.

The second stanza saw Parke open as the aggressor. Parke landed with combinations and it was Tuck that began to counter attack. The left hand of Parke became the weapon of choice for the Northern Ireland fighter as Tuck visibly tired. With Parke’s constant pressure, Tuck’s offensive output became nonexistent as the fight headed to the final round.

In the last stanza, it was clear that Parke’s conditioning was a notch above Tuck’s. Tuck didn’t wilt, but his movement was limited and Parke opened up with a variety of strikes. The pace slowed for both men as the fight entered the final minutes, but Tuck could not find an answer for Parke’s advance as the fight went the distance.

Musoke submits Sakara

In his UFC debut, Sweden’s Nico Musoke scored a slick, first-round submission win over veteran middleweight Alessio Sakara.

Sakara landed a big right hand immediately and rocked Musoke just seconds into the fight. Sakara then took the fight to the mat, but only for a moment. When the fight returned to standing, Musoke returned fire and rocked Sakara with a left hand of his own. The Swede then brought the fight to the canvas and quickly passed to side control. Sakara powered to top position and rained heavy shots from inside the guard of Musoke. However, Musoke attacked from his back, securing an armbar and going belly down, forcing Sakara to verbally submit.

Lineker runs through Harris

Brazilian John Lineker continued to string together wins inside the Octagon with a first-round TKO win over England’s Phil Harris.

Lineker pressed forward from the opening bell, looking to land his heavy hands. Harris was able to counter and deliver a few short shots, but Lineker delivered a right hand that knocked Harris to the mat. Harris bounced back to his feet, but it was the beginning of the end as Lineker smelled blood. A left hook wobbled Harris again and a right hand to the solar plexus put the British fighter down for good.

Preliminary Card Summary

Stepping in on late notice, TUF: Live alum Al Iaquinta outworked Polish lightweight Piotr Hallman to earn a unanimous decision win. Hallman scored with crisp shots in round one and scored a takedown on his American foe, but Iaquinta would find his groove in the later rounds. Iaquinta rocked Hallman in round two, but was unable to finish, instead settling for the victory on the scorecards.

British middleweight Luke Barnatt kept his undefeated record intact by becoming the first to finish American Andrew Craig. Craig landed with heavy shots in round one until the final minute, where Barnatt landed a massive right hand that dropped Craig. Barnatt looked to finish, but Craig managed to survive. In round two, Barnatt again rocked Craig, but this time he took his back and locked in a rear-naked choke to coerce a tap.

Twenty-two-year-old Jessica Andrade earned her first UFC win with a dominant beatdown of longtime MMA veteran Rosi Sexton. The Brazilian Andrade used her powerful striking and speed advantage to repeatedly rock Sexton throughout the three-round affair. Sexton’s chin held up under the onslaught, but her face was badly swollen and bloodied as the fight progressed. When everything was said and done, Andrade earned the unanimous decision win, including two 30-26 scorecards in her favor.

Veteran Cole Miller got back in the win column with a strong grappling display against British featherweight Andy Ogle. Miller’s ground game was simply too much for Ogle in the opening two rounds, as Miller took Ogle’s back multiple times and threatened to end the fight with a choke. Ogle showed resolve, defending the submission attempts, and grinding out the final round from the top position. It would not be enough, however, as Miller walked away with the unanimous decision nod.

In a battle of featherweights with judo backgrounds, American Jimy Hettes choked out Scotland’s Rob Whiteford in the second round with a triangle choke. The Octagon newcomer Whiteford scored early in the fight on the feet, but Hettes scored with a throw and looked for an Americana from the scarf hold. Whiteford defended, but Hettes’ grappling would be the difference, as he locked on a triangle in round two and turned the lights out on the Scotsman.

TUF: Smashes combatant Brad Scott returned to the middleweight division and scored a first-round submission win over Dutchman Michael Kuiper. Scott turned the fight into a grinding affair along the cage in the opening minute and looked to wear Kuiper down from the position. However, when Kuiper left his neck exposed, Scott attacked, locking in the fight-finishing front choke with Kuiper’s back pressed against the fence.

Lyoto Machida def. Mark Munoz by knockout (head kick). Round 1, 3:10
Melvin Guillard vs. Ross Pearson ruled a no-contest (accidental foul). Round 1, 1:57
Jimi Manuwa def. Ryan Jimmo by TKO (leg injury). Round 2, 4:41
Norman Parke def. Jon Tuck by unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 30-27)
Nico Musoke def. Alessio Sakara by submission (armbar). Round 1, 3:07
John Lineker def. Phil Harris by TKO (punches). Round 1, 2:51
Al Iaquinta def. Piotr Hallmann by unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
Luke Barnatt def. Andrew Craig by submission (rear-naked choke). Round 2, 2:12
Jessica Andrade def. Rosi Sexton by unanimous decision (30-26, 30-27, 30-26)
Cole Miller def. Andy Ogle by unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
Jimy Hettes def. Robert Whiteford by technical submission (triangle choke). Round 2, 2:17
Brad Scott def. Michael Kuiper by submission (front choke). Round 1, 4:17

Photo: Lyoto Machida (Esther Lin/MMA Fighting)