Bellator MMA has signed two explosive strikers to its roster.

Re-joining the promotion will be British welterweight Paul Daley. “Semtex” competed at Bellator 72 in 2012, earning a first-round knockout of Rudy Bears. The 31-year-old veteran of the UFC and Strikeforce has gone 4-1 since then while competing for BAMMA and Cage Warriors in his native England. Daley holds 34 career wins, with 25 coming via knockout.

Also signing with the promotion is Surinamese-Dutch middleweight Melvin Manhoef. The kickboxing powerhouse was last seen competing in the GLORY ring, taking part in the Last Man Standing pay-per-view on June 21. The 38-year-old also has made 40 appearances in MMA, competing for ONE FC, Dream and Strikeforce along the way. He knocked out fellow Strikeforce veteran Evangelista Santos in just 46 seconds in April.

Although no fight bookings were announced for either fighter, new Bellator President Scott Coker weighed-in on the signings.

“I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We want Bellator to be a destination for not only the top-tier fighters in the sport, but the first-choice destination for fans to see the most entertaining fights in the sport,” Coker said. “Both Paul and Melvin add a level of excitement to the roster that I can’t wait to see inside our cage, and this is just the beginning.”

About The Author

The MMA Corner Staff

Your home for all things MMA. News, Interviews, Event Coverage, Editorials. If it is MMA related, you will find it on The MMA Corner.